Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Her Savior (A Rescue Series Novella Book 2) by Barb Shuler




Her Savior
A Rescue Series Novella; Book 2
Publish Date: May 15, 2018
Genre: Romance, Military Romance


Cover Design by: Opium House Creatives






Purchase Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK



Capturing her heart may save them both.

Heroes aren’t born. They’re made through hard work, discipline and the love of their country.



Brenton “Trigger” O’Connor, has seen many things in his years as a Marine sniper. He’s seen the destinations of war - the heartache of losing a friend. The last thing he was looking for while back home was finding love.


Avery’s world has been one battle after another. If it’s not her alcoholic father, it’s the ex from hell trying to ruin her. Brent coming back home changes everything. The bad may outweigh the good, but with the big man with her, things may be looking up.


When danger strikes and Avery’s life is on the line, it’s Brent who will have to save the woman who has stolen his heart before it’s too late.


Excerpt:


“When did you get back into town?” Her voice sent a shiver through me. It had been a few years since I’d seen her and I’d almost forgotten what she sounded like. I ran my eyes up and down her body, unabashedly. She looked good, damn good.
“A few days ago. I figured someone would have mentioned it,” I said, giving Randilyn a pointed look. She put her hands on her hips and glared at me. Jeez!
“I ain’t your message center. I have a life, ya know.” The shop phone rang, saving me from having to get her riled up. She stalked over to the phone and I moved closer to Avery.
“You sure you’re okay? I have a good ear if you need it.” I meant it, too. Whatever it was, I’d listen, and then track down the person or persons that had caused those tears and tear them apart, limb from limb. No big deal.
“I’m okay. Just had a moment.” She smiled and leaned back against the monster of a truck Randilyn had been working on. I couldn’t help but look her over again. Needless to say, she was a lot more filled out now than she was the last time I saw her. I could appreciate that very much. Avery had curves in all the right places. She had always been beautiful as a teenager, but to see her now - well, let’s just say that it had me reciting the alphabet backwards and trying to think of anything other than her sexy little body.
“Hey, what brings you here, anyway?” Avery asked, pulling me from my thoughts and halting my perusal of her body. I smiled and gave Randilyn a side glance before I leaned in and lowered my voice a little.
“I need the crazy one to look at my Jeep. I busted a headlight and bent the corner of my bumper last night while I was out riding on the beach.”
“Holy crap! You were in an accident?” Avery stands to her full height, eyes wide. I held up my hands and sighed. I took a few steps closer to where she was so her excited words wouldn’t catch Randilyn’s attention.
“It’s not a big deal. I had a run in with a sand dune and a ditch-”
“You what? Oh My God! Are you sure you’re okay?” Her voice rose as she moved to check me over. I won’t lie, her warm hands on my forearms had energy coursing through me. I shook my head and moved to take her hands.
“I’m fine, seriously. Nothing was hurt but my Jeep, and maybe my pride. I promise.”
“What did you do to the Jeep? Damn you, Brent! I’ve kept that old thing moving and in one piece for the last three years. Men.” She scowled. “You haven’t had it back for a week and already fuc-”
“Randilyn!” Avery scolded. I had to bite back a laugh as they scowled at each other. It was good to see that nothing really changed while I was gone. “Watch your language. Jesus, you’d give a sailor on a three day pass a run for his money with that mouth.”
“Ooh… right, like your snarky ass can’t lay out the words.” She paused for a moment, a strange look coming over her. “A sailor, you say. I could think of many ways to give one of them a run for their money. Especially with my mouth.” She waggled her brows and laughed. I’m sure it was a victory laugh.
I’m pretty sure the look of abject horror was written all over my face, cause I threw up a little in my mouth. Eww. I didn’t need to know that or hear it. Could I bleach my ears now? Would that make it so I couldn’t hear such things?
“Ugh, you nasty thing.” The laugh that bubbled out of Avery made me smile. She gave me a look before bringing her attention back to Randilyn’s crazy ass. “Go check Brent’s Jeep before I put a sock in your mouth,” Avery told her, shooing her away with her hands.
I laughed at Avery’s comment. Randilyn scowled and muttered to herself about putting a sock of her own somewhere as she went out the bay door. I shook my head. I took Avery’s hand and was about to thank her for saving me from Satan’s wrath when I heard a slew of curses filter in from outside. I snorted and rocked back on my feet.
“She’s gonna kill me... I’m going to escape out the back door. Tell her I’m borrowing her truck-”
“Do you have a death wish?” Avery cut me off, her brow raised. Damn, she was so cute when she did that. I shook my head and dangled the keys I pulled from my pocket.
“Nope, I have a key, I’ve used it before. She’ll be fine. I need to get back home, I do have a few things to do there. I’ll need a vehicle to do the rest… maybe I’ll borrow Dad's truck.”
“Yeah, that’s a good idea.” Avery stopped and tilted her head. Randilyn was muttering something that I was having trouble making out. “She just threatened you with bodily harm from out there. Did you miss that?” she laughed as she took my hand and led me towards the front of the bay. On the other side of that door was a rabid pitbull ready to rip into me. I didn’t want to go out there, but I wasn’t going to not go with her.
“Are you leading me to my slaughter?” I asked, only half joking as we made it outside. Avery giggled and shook her head. Damn, she was cute. I’d forgotten just what that smile of hers did to me.
“Of course not.” She turned to look over her shoulder and did a fake whisper that had me chuckling. “I won’t let the big bad mechanic hurt you.”
“Good to know, darlin’.” I watched as Randilyn bent down and tugged on my Jeep’s bumper. I heard a crack and her curses drowned out everything else.





Purchase Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK






​Shattered Lives Series
My Own Nightmare / Somewhere I Belong / Shatter Me Whole /
Sparks Of Deception / Living In Your Hell


The Cowboy Way Series
Wrangled By Love


A Rescue Series Novella
A Marshal’s Courage


Standalones
Primal Darkness
Through The Eyes of Madness (w/KA Graham)
Shifting Shadows


Anthologies
Dirty Fairy Tales Anthology - What Big Teeth
The Parlour Anthology - Ultimate Control


Coloring Books
Shaded With Love: A Coloring Book for a Cause Vol 5





~Meet Barb Shuler~


I’m a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth... so I have a Texas-sized temper. Living and working in both states I’ve learned a lot about hard work, adapting to your surroundings and making the best of the path that you have been led down. My grandma Dollie once told me I would know what I was meant to do when it happened. She was right, as always.
As with most book lovers, I am an avid reader. Reading has always been a hobby - a passion, really. Reading helps to expand the perimeters of one's mind. That is what got me to start writing as a kid. If I had paper...or a wall... I was writing. Words are a part of us all. Why not use them, right?
During the day I work as a ‘desk jockey’ and help the residents of my county navigate themselves around our little, but not too little country town. By night I am either blogging, doing PA work for some of my favorite authors or I am fighting with the voices in my head. (They can be stubborn at times.) It’s a way to cope and make the troubles of the day disappear, if only for a few hours. It’s a blessing and I am cherishing every moment. For that which is my creation, may become someone else's treasure.
Tomorrow is never guaranteed so I want to make sure I live the day as fully as possible.


~ Connect with Barb here ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...