Sunday, September 3, 2017

New Release and Review for Hell on Earth by Brenda K Davies



Blurb:


Wren

It’s been fourteen years since the gateway to Hell opened and life as I knew it ceased to exist. Taken in by a group of humans, I’ve managed to survive in the Wilds. Now I have a chance to do more than survive while building a better life for all Wilders. Unfortunately, it means doing the one thing I never believed I would do—joining with the demons I’ve always considered my enemies.
Working with demons wouldn’t be a horrible prospect except it means dealing with Corson. The irritating demon who manages to get under my skin until I’m not sure if I’d rather kill him or kiss him. The closer I get to him, the more memories of my long-buried past slip free, leaving me uncertain of what’s real and what’s not…or even of who I am. 

Corson

I’d thought joining with the Wilders to hunt down the creatures that escaped Hell was a job I’d enjoy. Not only do I get to kill my enemies, but I also have a chance to get closer to Wren. I wasn’t expecting the stubborn woman to go out of her way to avoid me. 
Cut off from our allies, Wren has no choice but to work with me. However, the more time we spend together, the more I realize that though she would prefer me dead, there’s nothing I won’t do to keep her safe. When a lethal new threat rises, I begin to fear keeping Wren alive may be impossible. 

***The Hell on Earth series is a spin-off of the Road to Hell series. You do not have to read the Road to Hell Series to follow this series, but it is recommended that the Road to Hell Series be read first to avoid spoilers and to understand the characters better. Each book in this series will focus on different characters.***

Due to violence, language, and sexual content this book is recommended for readers 18+


Review:
If Lucifer still existed in this book I would have said that Earth had become the Devil's playground.  However, he's not.  But that doesn't mean that Earth is no longer dangerous.  Because it is.  All of the demons released by the seals falling are now roaming free and not all of them want to play fair.  In fact, they fallen angels are still there and regrouping quickly.  Corson, the demon, and Wren, a Wilder, are just part of a group that are out scouting for the fallen as well as any troublesome demons that do not want to submit to the new leadership and obey him.  If they pose a threat, they must be taken out.  In the midst of all of the danger, Corson deal with his growing feelings for Wren and attempts to get to know her better.  Wren is not as receptive though due to past trauma.  Because of it, she is as hard as nails on the outside, but Corson brings out a side in her that was long buried and she had hoped to keep it that way.  He makes her feel like no other ever has, but he's a demon, someone who used to be the enemy.  I really loved reading this book!  Corson and Wren's story is not only one of love, but of the ability of man to survive whatever may come.  We survive and adapt.  This book also had it's rather scary moments that read almost like a horror story.  I loved the spin to it though!  Earth has no doubt become the demon's playground!  (I would recommend reading the Road to Hell Series first to become better acquainted with the characters.)
5 out of 5 stars!

Amazon:

Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...