Saturday, September 19, 2015

Dark Boundaries (The Boundaries Series Book 1) by Michelle Horst



I'm going to just say up front here that I have not read a lot of books like this one.  I don't read the really dark stuff normally.  I have once or twice and frankly it gave me nightmares because of the nature of the book and the graphic content.  This, however, was not as graphic so I was a little more comfortable reading it, but that doesn't mean it's not messed up.  Oh it's a messed up book in some ways alright.  One of our main characters is a young woman about to go out into the real world by starting a career, but Kristine and her two best friends decided to go out and do some things they have really wanted to do.  But it lands them in some serious trouble when they go out to a very exclusive club one night.  They are kidnapped into a world where women are broken and sold as slaves to the highest bidder.  The man who chooses to break Kristine is Garrett.  This guy, for all intents and purposes, intends well.  Things are not what they seem with him and you find this out rather quickly.  He's not like the other men, who are little more than savage animals.  So he tries his best to shield Kristine as much as he can.  But you can never fully shield someone in such a situation and ends up hurting her anyway.  There is a lot o danger in this world.  I don't necessarily want to explain anymore about the book's plot so as not to give away too much, but you have to wonder whether there's some Stockholm Syndrome going on here or something.  There is one thing I can say: the feelings that Kristine continually questions herself on paired with the circumstances is a legit reason to wonder if they are real or not.  

A solid 4 out of 5 stars!

Book Blurb:
He stole me. 
He broke me. 
I'm being auctioned for Fifty thousand dollars. 
Now, I don't belong to anyone but strangely enough I wanted to belong to him. 
It's his eyes ... I lost myself in them 

Authors Note and WARNING: Dark Boundaries is a work of fiction intended for adult readers above 18. It contains dark and sensitive subject matter that may make readers uncomfortable. 
Contains explicit language and descriptions of sexual situations. 

*** Standalone *** 
*** No Cliffhanger *** 
*** HEA *** 

This book is not for everyone. Please only read it if you can handle the subject matter and are able to keep an open mind whilst reading. If you want a perfect love story, this is not it. 
***Please Note - Dark Boundaries has a new cover***


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Boundaries-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00TFY1ZWE/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1442431530&sr=1-6&keywords=michelle+horst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...