Monday, July 22, 2013

The Interview!!!-Tara Elizabeth

I recently got the privilege of having an email interview with Tara Elizabeth, author of Exalted and Zoo.  It was brief but we get to see a glimpse into the mind of this Indie Author!  See the interview below:



How long have you been writing?                                                            
- I dabbled a little when I was in school, but I began to write more seriously in 2010.

 When did you publish your first book?  

- I published my first book, EXALTED, in July 2012.

What was the deciding factor in becoming an Indie Author?

- LOL! Truthfully, rejection letters were the reason I became an Indie Author. After about three, I decided to do it all on my own. I’d seen that people like Amanda Hocking and Keary Taylor self-publish and become successful. I thought, why not me?  I’m enjoying where I’m at right now, and I’m so grateful to the people that support me.

 It is my understanding that you grew up in the south.  What (if any) impact has that had on your writing?

- Yes, growing up in Louisiana does have an impact on my writing. EXALTED is set across Texas and Louisiana, and Emma (from ZOO) is from Louisiana. The south is truly unique and I love it.

What was your inspiration for Exalted?

- The main character, Mena, inspired me. I imagined her before the story ever came about. She is so strong, both physically and mentally. I want to be more like her.

Is there any single thing (or person) that has been your biggest inspiration?

- My grandmother inspires me. She had a talent for writing and never pursued it. I hope I am making her proud.

What advice would you give to those wanting to become a published author?

- Just write. Get your story out. Then you can worry about all the other stuff.


                                       For more information check out Tara's website: 

                                                http://authortaraelizabeth.com/


             Be looking for Tara's new novel Denounced (Book 2 in the Exalted series)!  Coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...